Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Desktop Support customers
To acquire Mountain Lion, DSP customers should contact their DSP consultant at 412-268-6959 or via email to email@example.com.
- Administrative Departments with Apple Maintenance (Faculty and Staff)
Faculty and staff members may acquire Mountain Lion through the Computing Services site license. The software can be installed only on university owned equipment and entitles you to perpetual software rights. The cost is $25 per seat. The software bundle contains Mac OS X 10.8, iLife and iWork. To obtain a seat, complete the Mountain Lion Request Form.
- All Others
Individuals who are not covered by the campus site license (e.g., students) can download a copy of Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store.
Mountain Lion is only supported on the following Mac computers which are capable of running a 64-bit kernel:
- iMac (mid 2007 or later)
- MacBook (13-inch aluminum, late 2008, 13-inch early 2009 or later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, mid/late 2007 or later), (17-inch, late 2007 or later)
- MacBook Air (late 2008 or later)
- Mac Mini (early 2009 or later)
- Mac Pro (early 2008 or later)
Recommended Configuration Settings
For Mountain Lion to function properly within our computing environment, we recommend certain configuration settings. See the Recommended Configuration Settings page for details.