Microsoft Core Server Platform and Client Access License (CAL)
The Microsoft Core Server Platform allows for the installation of unlimited editions of the following Microsoft software applications on Carnegie Mellon owned computers:
- Windows Server (all editions)
- SharePoint Server (all editions)
- Exchange Server (all editions)
- System Center Configuration Manager Server
- All External Connectors
- System Center Configuration Manager Server ML (standard and enterprise)
For information about Client Access Licenses, visit the About Licensing page from Microsoft.
Under the terms of the current Microsoft campus agreement, Carnegie Mellon departments will not need to purchase additional licenses for the software applications listed below.
Includes Client Access Licenses for Windows, Exchange, Lync, Forefront Endpoint Protection, System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Available for: Windows
- Type of license: Annual
- Cost to users: The annual fee is shared by the colleges, Computing Services, SEI, and central administrative offices
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University.
For more information about Microsoft Core Client Access Licensing, visit the Microsoft Licensing Brief page.