Microsoft Core Server Platform
Our Microsoft campus agreement includes the Microsoft Core Server Platform.
The Microsoft Core Server Platform allows for the installation of unlimited editions of the following Microsoft software applications on Carnegie Mellon owned computers:
- Windows Server (all editions)
- SharePoint Server (all editions)
- Exchange Server (all editions)
- System Center Configuration Manager Server
- All External Connectors
- System Center Configuration Manager Server ML (standard and enterprise)
Under the terms of the current Microsoft campus agreement, Carnegie Mellon departments will not need to purchase additional licenses for the software applications listed above.
Microsoft Campus Agreement - Licensing Information
Carnegie Mellon participates in the Microsoft Campus Agreement, an annual license agreement that provides the following software to university owned computers and, with restrictions identified below, to personally owned computers.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 for Windows (Access, Excel, InfoPath, Lync, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Publisher, OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint Workspace, Word)
- Microsoft Office Professional for Macintosh (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- 32-bit or 64-bit operating system (upgrades only): Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Professional
- Microsoft Core Client Access Licenses (CAL), includes Client Access Licenses for Windows, Exchange, Lync, Forefront Endpoint Protection, System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Covers all university owned/leased Macintosh and Windows computer and one computer of either type owned by a Student, Faculty, or Staff member
- Available for: Windows and Macintosh
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students (includes adjunct faculty members and part-time employees)
- Eligible equipment: University owned/ leased computers on campus/ at home. Students can install one copy on personally owned machines
- Type of license: Annual, June 1 renewal
- Cost to users: The annual fee is share by the colleges, computing services, SEI, and centaral administrative offices
- Where to get it: Purchase media from the Computer Store.
- License code required: Yes. It is provided with the purchase of media
- Getting help using it: Contact the Help Center, contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affliation with Carnegie Mellon University