- Error when accessing local or shared drive.
- Application does not appear.
- Error message: "You already have an instance of this application open..."
- Error message: "Some resources are available for reconnection..."
- Error message: "A website wants to open content..."
- Error message: "404 File or directory not found"
- Log Off or Disconnect?
- Connected, but still having issues.
- Having issues connecting with Chrome?
- Having Issues connecting to Citrix from Firefox 30?
- Citrix Receiver sessions end unexpectedly in OS X 10.9?
If you receive an error that you have only "read access" when connecting to your local or shared drive, do the following:
Right-click the Citrix Receiver icon and then select About > Advanced > Connection Center. In the Session Security, select Full Access and close the window. Note: You must have a Citrix based application open and running in order to choose the Session Security preferences.
From the Finder, select Applications > Citrix Receiver. Once the application launches, select the drop-down arrow near the search box and then select Preferences.
Click Devices and then select the read and write radio button.
NOTE: There is now a solution available to force Citrix based applications to launch in the foreground. Contact your departmental IT support staff person or the Help Center for more information.
The application may take up to 30 seconds to load. The progress bar is typically behind your browser window.
Click the Citrix Receiver icon on your Taskbar to bring the progress window to the front.
Once the application loads, you will see the application icon in the Taskbar not the Citrix icon.
Click the Citrix icon on your Dock to bring the progress window to the front. The application window will display once it loads.
You will see this message if you previously launched an application AND the session is still open, reconnecting OR closing.
Click OK and look for the application in the Taskbar (Windows) or Dock (Mac).
Note: When you quit an application, it takes a few seconds for the session to close. Please wait for the orange Citrix icon (Windows) or black Citrix icon (Mac) to disappear from your Taskbar or Dock.
Windows Taskbar with orange shut down icon.
Mac Dock with Citrix icon
You will see this error message when myapps.andrew.cmu.edu is not in your list of Trusted Sites. Click the "Click here for assistance..." link and follow the onscreen steps.
You will see this error message when myapps.andrew.cmu.edu is not in your list of Trusted Sites. Click Allow to continue.
If you are using a bookmark, it may be incorrect. Please make sure to bookmark only myapps.andrew.cmu.edu.
Click the log off button to close all applications you have open through Citrix.
If you are unable to launch an application from Citrix, do the following:
- "Hover" over the Log Off button (do not click). A pop-up menu displays.
- Select Disconnect. Wait a few seconds.
- Log into Citrix from the myapps.andrew.cmu.edu page.
- Hover over the Log Off button (do not click).
- From the pop-up menu, select Reconnect.
Chrome has a limitation with launching an application. Citrix is working on a solution for this. In the meantime, use the documented work-around.three workarounds for the problem.
Last Updated: 11/11/14