Install Citrix Receiver (Linux)
Through Firefox or Chrome
Follow the steps below to access MyApps from Linux using a web browser.
- Go to myapps.andrew.cmu.edu using Firefox or Chrome.
- Log in with your Andrew userID and password.
- You can launch available applications within the web browser.
Note: This option offers limited functionality. Printers, local file storage and clipboard are not availble. If you need printers, local file storage, and clipboard follow the instructions below.
Through the Self-Service App
Follow the steps below to launch your applications from the Citrix Self Service Application. This will map your local device storage, clipboard and printers.
IMPORTANT: The instructions below were only tested on Ubuntu 14.04.
- Download Citrix Receiver for Linux to /Downloads. For Ubuntu 14.04 x64 see Debian Packages > Full Package (Self-Service Support) > Receiver for Linux (x86_64).
- Download the Comodo certificates to /Downloads.
- Open Terminal.
- Unzip the certificates file then run the following:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/icaclient_*.deb
sudo apt-get -f install
- Run the following command from Terminal to install and register the CMU SSL root and intermediate certificates:
sudo cp ~/Downloads/*.pem /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
sudo c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
- Run the Citrix Configuration Tool from Terminal:
- Accept the EULA.
- Select the Accounts tab and click Add
- Enter the server address: https://myapps.andrew.cmu.edu.
- When prompted log in with your Andrew userID and password.
- Click Save and Close.
- Run the Citrix Self Service Application from Terminal:
Last Updated: 1/27/16