How to Use AFS
Access Rights [pdf]
Common Unix Commands [pdf]
A read-only backup is made nightly, 6pm - 4am, of your AFS content to the OldFiles directory. To recover a file:
- Launch the SFTP program. Use the appropriate link below to download the software, if not installed.
- Enter unix.andrew.cmu.edu for the server/hostname.
- Transfer your files from local to remote in the appropriate directory.
- My Documents, Desktop - files saved in a computer lab
- Private - files you don't want to share
- Public - shared files
- www - for personal web pages