Guest Wireless Service
The guest wireless service provides University guests with basic network access to common web, email, and remote login services (e.g. VPN).
- Faculty or staff create a guest access code and distribute connection instructions [pdf] to guests. One access code may be used by multiple participants.
- Guests select the CMU-GUEST wireless network and log in with a valid non-CMU email address and access code.
Only one session is allowed per email address. Using the same email to connect another device, will disconnect all devices.
Create an Access Code
Faculty or staff sponsors use Event Manager to create an event and corresponding access code, which guests use to access the guest wireless service.
- Launch Event Manager.
- Sign on with your Andrew userID and password.
- Click Add Event.
- Complete the Purpose, Start Date, and End Date fields. Click Add Event.
- Note: The start and end dates define the lifespan of the access code (90 day maximum).
- You will be redirected to a list of your events where you can view the access code for each event, expire current events, and delete expired events.
- Distribute the access code and connection instructions [pdf] to event attendees.