Secure your Computer and Devices
Keep your devices up to date and configure anti-virus protection to safeguard against malicious attacks.
Secure Your Computer
At Carnegie Mellon, we strive to provide a safe and secure computing environment for the campus community and recommend that you follow safe computing practices. Follow the steps provided to ensure your computer is kept up-to-date and the recommended security settings are configured.
Secure Your Mobile Device
Mobile devices, including Smart Phones, are portable computers that should be secured the same as any computing device. Adhere to these practices:
- Lock your phone with a PIN, password or pattern.
- Avoid storing sensitive data on your phone.
- Use caution when connecting to public wireless networks; instead connect to secure wireless networks when available (e.g., CMU-SECURE).
- Update your mobile device apps frequently.
- Disable Bluetooth when not in use.
- Adhere to the ISO Mobile Device Security and Usage Guideline.