What We Offer
Business Class Service
This support model provides basic desktop management. Business class support is highly standardized, using university supported productivity software. Most requests and incidents will be handled by phone and remote desktop with limited on-site support. All computers must be fully managed by DSP to be eligible for this support model.
Business Class Services fee is $343 annually, per managed device.
- Managed Desktop Environment.
- Desktop security setup and configuration.
- Anti-virus & Anti-Malware.
- Security to computer & network access.
- Managed file services permission (access to shared folders).
- Desktop setup, configuration, and software installation (new or re-imaged computer).
- Hardware repair coordination services (Dell, Lenovo, Apple, Computer Store and repair vendor).
- Standard university applications: delivery, configuration and first level technical support.
- Software applications used by most of the university like Microsoft Office and email.
- This does not include support for any department-wide or individually used software specific to department or job functions.
- Computer inventory management and recommended replacement cycle.
- Remote support services during regular business hours.
- Phone, email & remote access.
- Limited On-site support.
- We are discontinuing event support such as conferences, fairs or training sessions
Enterprise Class Service
This support model includes everything in Business Class plus support for specialized applications and some on-site support. Requests and incidents will be handled by phone and remote desktop when possible. On-site support will be available for issues that cannot be easily resolved remotely. This model also provides for support of software specific to your department. All computers must be fully managed by DSP to be eligible for this support model.
Enterprise Class Services fee is $686 annually, per managed device.
- All service offerings in Business Class Service (above).
- Some in-person onsite support.
- Remote Support will still be primary.
- Consultation with current and new staff on desktop use best practices.
- Specialized application support.
- Limited application installation, configuration, and vendor-coordinated support for agreed upon department-wide or individually used software specific to department or job functions.
- DSP and department liaison must agree to the applications and support expectations.
- We are discontinuing event support such as conferences, fairs or training sessions.
Starting July 2014, Computing Services will offer a Foundation Service for desktop management and deployment. This service will enable groups who have internal departmental administrators take advantage of our central toolset for managing desktops. The Foundation Service is currently being piloted with select departments. Contact email@example.com
for more information.
Executive IT Support
Computing Services offers customized IT support for university executives. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.