Friday, June 29, 2012
DSP Senior Manager Alex Lang shares the following staffing updates:
- Tom Wilk has joined us as DSP Assistant Manager, beginning Wednesday, June 27, 2012. Tom was previously an IT Director for VarTek, where he oversaw IT service contracts for a group of school districts in western PA and Ohio. Tom brings a wealth of IT service management and staff development experience that will serve DSP and CMU well. We are quite excited to welcome Tom to the team!
- With the Exchange migrations complete, our two Exchange specialists, (Attila Csokai and Dave Riel) will be returning to DSP in early July. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge and congratulate Attila & DJ for their contribution to the Exchange project.
- Attila Csokai will be returning to DSP in a new role as the Service and Project Lead. This position will oversee and coordinate the management of our technical tools, both internal to DSP as well as the management and configuration of our desktop management infrastructure.
- Likewise, Dave (DJ) Riel will be returning to DSP in order to focus on the Print Server project throughout the summer.
In addition, the following staffing changes will be effective July 2:
- Gary DiPiazza has accepted a promotion to the DSP Executive IT Team, where he will be providing support to the President's Office, Provost's Office, and the Vice Presidents. He will transition to Warner 5th Floor in early July. Gary was previously supporting the Enrollment Services and Student Affairs group within Campus Affairs; before joining CMU, he was a systems administrator for the Pittsburgh Zoo for 7 years.
- Brandon Berg has also accepted a promotion to the DSP Executive IT Team. He will transition to Warner Hall over a period of several months, in order to ensure a smooth transition out of the UTDC. Brandon was previously supporting the Finance Division, and he will work with Nick Figel to transition that support over the next several months.
- Nick Figel has accepted a promotion to Senior Technology Consultant, where he will oversee the overall support for the DSP Craig Street team, including the Finance Division. Nick will also transition (with Brandon) over the course of several months. We are grateful for Nick's years of service in the Platinum team, and are glad to have Nick assist with a smooth transition. We expect that transition to be complete by the end of 2012.
- George Cann, currently a contractor for DSP, will join us as full time staff on July 2. George will continue to support FMS, Athletics, Health, Police, and Student Life.
Finally, I'm very pleased to announce that Gary's vacant position, supporting Enrollment and Student Affairs, will be filled beginning July 16 by Jonathan Beuten. Jonathan has served as a Clusters Services Support Specialist for a bit over a year, and previously worked with DSP as a short-term contractor where he contributed to the Oracle "Onames" project. We're very excited about adding Jonathan to the DSP team.