Thursday, April 16, 2009
Windows Active Directory Migration Project
Over the next few months, DSP will be migrating our entire Windows Operating System customer base to a new Active Directory infrastructure that will allow us to meet the growing security and global needs of the university.
Your DSP consultant will be in touch with your department to discuss the steps needed to migrate to the new infrastructure. Your consultant will also provide additional communication based on your individual group’s unique needs. The primary project steps are as follows:
1.Individual Department Assessments – Since each customer's computing environment is unique, your DSP consultants will be meeting with your management and technical teams to ensure that your migration to the new infrastructure is tailored to meet your group’s needs.
2.Design of Departmental Infrastructure - During this time, your consultant will prepare your department for the migration, which will include a review of specific security group permissions, review or appointment of departmental liaisons, review of the change management process and finally, scheduling user moves to the new environment.
3.Deployment of Infrastructure - During this time, your consultant will migrate computer and user accounts based on the agreed-upon schedule. DSP will be available to provide immediate support during the migration.
Some of the key benefits of the new infrastructure will include:
- Increased security and functionality for collaboration and computing with our international campus locations
- Additional auditing capabilities for tracking potential security threats and vulnerabilities
- Increased desktop security that will allow us to better provide patching, updates, password changes, and other security related tasks for a more secure computing environment
- An upgrade to the latest version of anti-virus software (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
- Allowing only departmental users the ability to be able to log into their respective departmental machines
- Additional granularity for system management so that we can work best with other departmental administrations and functional support staff across campus
Please direct any questions or comments to email@example.com.