Before the Forum
Please email a 2-3 sentence introduction to us. We will use your description in the Agenda announcement and Forum website.
General Presentation Guidelines
- We often send a pre-read to Dept Admins prior to the DCF for topics. Our goal is simply to make an announcement and ask for questions.
- PowerPoint presentations and paper handouts are fine for longer talks (greater than 10 minutes), but don't feel obligated to use them.
- If your talk is short (less than 10 minutes) we do not recommend using a PowerPoint presentation (though paper handouts are always welcome).
- Your presentation should provide an overview and allow for open Q&A and discussion with colleagues. Please save highly detailed or step-by-step instructions for handouts or links from our website.
- Many attendees will want your contact information. We will include your email address on the agenda handout and on the meeting notes.
- Introduce yourself at the beginning of your presentation.
- Stand while speaking, try to face the group, and speak loudly.
- Be aware that there are remote listeners. Repeat questions asked during the Q&A session and be mindful of the location of the microphone when speaking.
We post pre-reads, notes, handouts and other documentation on the Forum website. Within the week following your presentation, please provide us with either an electronic copy of your handouts, OR a brief (1-2 paragraph) summary of your talk. Feel free to include reference URLs and any other material you'd like us to post.