Academic or Administrative Buildings
Complete the following steps to connect to the wired network in your academic or administrative office.
1. Register Your Data Outlet
- Note the data addresses located on the outlet. They should look something like R13@00-000-00 and R13@00-00000. [see image]
- Once you note these addresses, go to one of these two pages, depending on your location:
- If you are in 311 S. Craig, Cyert Hall, or a residence hall, follow these instructions and go to the CANDO registration page.
- For all other buildings, go to the NetReg registration page.
- Click Register New Outlet and enter the top address into the Label From field and the bottom address into the Label To field. Click Continue.
- Do one of the following:
- If the outlet is registered (active) - continue with the steps below 2. Connect
- If the outlet is not registered - click Activate.
- On the Basic Information page in the Network Segment section, select the appropriate option for your outlet from the drop-down.
- In the Affiliation section, select your affiliation from the drop-down.
- Click Activate Outlet.
- Connect your Ethernet cable to the Ethernet card in your computer; on the other end connect the Ethernet cable into the data outlet.
- Register your computer following the onscreen instructions. Allow 30 minutes for the registration to take effect.
Explore the computing resources available to you: