Setting Personal Preferences
To set personal preferences for your email signature and other features, follow these steps:
- Click Options. The Options window will appear.
- Select the preference you want to change:
- Personal information - create a signature or identity.
- Message Highlighting - sets a different background color for messages from a certain sender or mailing list.
- Index Order - rearranges the message headers. For example, Date could be first, then From.
- Address Groups - create groups of email addresses from your personal address book or from the university directory.
- Address Autocompletion Options - turn address auto-completion on or off or adjust settings.
- Display Preferences - changes display color and language.
- Folder Preferences - sets the Sent Mail and Drafts folders. You can also set folder display options here.
- Directory Preferences - choose a layout when searching addresses.
- NewMail Options - configure settings for how you are notified when new mail arrives.
Changing Message Order
To change the order of your messages (e.g., most recent message first), follow these steps:
- Select Inbox from the Folders panel.
- Choose the appropriate column heading according to how you wish to sort your messages.
- Click the gray dash next to the heading name. The dash becomes a triangle and reverses the current order of the messages. Click the triangle a second time to reverse the order again.
Note: The next time you use Webmail, this order will be used to display your Inbox messages.
Last Updated: 12/22/2011