Open Address Book
Follow these steps to open your address book.
- From the Main Menu, press A to display the address book.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Address Books
There are two ways you can add addresses to your address book. You can add them manually, or you can add them from a message you are reading. In addition to adding new addresses, you can also edit or delete addresses already in your address book.
Adding an Address Manually
Follow these steps to add an address manually.
- From the Main Menu, press A to invoke the Address Book screen.
- Select the Personal Address Book (.addressbook) and press Enter.
- Press @ to add a new entry. The Address Book Add screen displays.
- Complete the the address book fields.
- Nicknames are used to recall address information when you compose a new mail message.
- To add an entry of several addresses, type the address list in the "addresses" field with a comma between each address.
- Press Ctrl-X to save the address book entry.
Adding an Address From a Message
Follow these steps to add an address from a message.
- From the Main Menu, press I to display the Message Index.
- Highlight the message whose address you want to add to the address book.
- Press T to display the Take Address screen.
- If there is only one address in the message, it is highlighted. Type the nickname for this address and press Enter.
- If you have more than one address in the message, a screen appears asking to verify the address you want to add. Highlight the address you want and press T. Type the nickname for this address and press Enter .
The ADDRESS BOOK (EDIT) screen appears with the Nickname and Addresses fields filled in with the information you just specified.
- Type any other information that you would like to include in the address book entry.
- Press Ctrl-X to save the entry in your address book.
Editing an Address Book Entry
Follow these steps to edit an address book entry.
- Open the address book.
- Highlight the entry you want to edit and press Enter.
The Address Book (View) screen appears with the address book entry you selected.
- Press U to edit the entry.
- Press Ctrl-X to save the changes.
Deleting an Address Book Entry
Follow these steps to delete an address book entry.
- Open the address book and highlight the entry you want to delete.
- Press D with the entry highlighted.
You are asked if you really want to delete the entry.
- Press Y to delete the entry or press N to cancel.
Using Address Book Entries
Follow these steps to use an address book entry when composing a new message.
- While composing a message, type the nickname (specified in the address book entry) in the To: field and press Enter .
The nickname expands to the complete address. Continue composing the message as you normally would.
Last Updated: 2/21/12