If Outlook does not connect to the server (e.g., new messages do not display), try the following:
- Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings. The Account Settings window will display.
- On the E-mail tab, double-click your email address.
- The Internet E-mail Settings window displays. Click More Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and enter the following for Outgoing server (SMTP):
- In the "Use the following type of encrypted connection" pull down menu, select SSL.
- In the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field, type 465.
- Click OK and then click Close.
Last Updated: 8/18/09