Create / Edit a Vacation Script Using Portal
Before enabling the Vacation Script feature, you must first create the text and set the preferences for your notice.
- From the Carnegie Mellon portal, select the COMPUTING tab.
- Select Manage Email and then Away Message.
Note: The first time you access the Vacation Script options, no notice exists for your Andrew account. This page also allows you to modify a notice if you previously created one.
- Use the following information to complete the Set Vacation/Away Message area:
- Subject: Select the Prefix the Sender's Subject with "Re:" option, OR type a subject for your reply in the Use the following subject line field.
- Message Text: Type the text that will appear in the body of the vacation notice email. This message should include your anticipated return date and when the sender can expect a response to their message.
- Reply to Mail Sent to these Addresses: Enter other email addresses that might be used to send you mail and click Add. Normally, the vacation notice will only be sent when your Andrew mailing address is used in the To, Cc or Bcc field. By including your other email addresses in this field, the enabled vacation notice will be sent when mail is received at these addresses as well.
- Reply List: As you add addesses to the "Reply to mail sent to these addresses" field, the Reply List is populated. To remove an address from this list, simply select the address and click Remove.
- Reply Interval: Enter the number of days the mail client should wait before resending the vacation notice to a sender who has already received it.
- When you are finished modifying the notice preferences, click Submit to save your changes.
Last Updated: 5/28/09