Adding a Signature
To create a signature:
- Choose Tools > Signatures.
- In the Signatures window select the New button.
- Type your signature information.
- When you are finished, click the small Close button in the left corner.
- Close the Signatures window.
Follow these steps to set a default signature in Entourage:
- Select Tools > Accounts.
- Double-click the CMU Cyrus Mail account.
- Select the Options tab.
- Use the Default signature drop-down menu and choose one signature to always use.
- Click OK.
Creating and Using Multiple Signatures
Entourage has one default signature for new messages and offers a different default signature for replies and forwards. You may also create as many other signature files as desired to be chosen when composing a new message. Keep in mind the following when creating a signature:
- You can create new signatures or edit existing ones.
- Be sure to give each signature an appropriate name so you can select it later.
- When editing a signature, you can copy and paste an existing signature or enter a new one from scratch.
- Once you've entered your signature(s), you can mark some to be "random" and to be chosen randomly later on.
Note: If you set a default signature, you can still select other signatures when drafting mail messages. In the new message window, select the Signature button.
Last Updated: 2/17/08