Import/Export Address Books
Follow these steps to export your address book contacts:
- Select the Contacts icon and then select File > Export.
- An Export dialog box appears. Select the radio button to export Contacts to a list (tab-delimited text), and then click the right arrow to continue.
- A Save dialog box appears. Enter a name for the file and choose where you want to store the file, and then click Save.
- Your contacts are saved to a .txt file.
Follow these steps to import your address book contacts:
- Select File > Import.
- An Import dialog box appears. Select Contacts or messages from a text file, and then click the right arrow to continue.
- The "Choose a File Type" dialog box appears, select Import contacts from a tab- or comma- delimited text file, and click the right arrow to continue.
- Browse to the .txt file that you exported and click Import.
- A dialog box for mapping fields appears. Do one of the following:
- If you are importing from another Entourage email client, your fields should be mapped automatically; click Import.
- If you are importing from another email client, verify that your fields are mapped correctly, and then click Import.
- Your contacts are imported into your Address book.
Last Updated: 2/17/12