Scheduling: Oracle with Exchange
Information included here will guide those who are using Oracle Calendar in the most efficient way to schedule meetings with those who are using Exchange Calendar.
Configure Oracle for Email Notifications
Verify that your Oracle Calendar client is configured to send email notifications:
- Launch Oracle Calendar and follow the appropriate step below:
- Windows: select Tools > Options > Scheduling. Select Send Notification.
- Mac: select Oracle Calendar > Preferences > Scheduling > Notification.
- Verify that the "when you create an Entry", "when you edit an Entry", and "when you delete an Entry" options are selected.
Scheduling with an Exchange Calendar User
Follow these steps in Oracle Calendar to schedule with someone who is using Exchange for calendaring:
- Be sure to email or call the person to determine their availability.
- In Oracle Calendar, select New > Meeting.
- On the People/Resources tab, in the "Add:" field, enter the Andrew email address, NOT the Andrew ID or the person's name, of the person who you want to invite (e.g., enter email@example.com).
- The person appears in the list as an "external" attendee. Click OK.
- Click Yes to send an email meeting reminder. The Mail Message window appears. Verify that the iCalendar format checkbox is selected. Click Send.
- The recipient will reply to your invitation via email.
- Launch Oracle Calendar and manually add the attendee's response to your Oracle Calendar (on the Detail tab).
Last Updated: 9/28/11