Fetch is a file transfer program for the Macintosh platform. Fetch 5 runs on Mac OS X 10.2.4 or newer. It provides a method of transferring files quickly and easily from your computer to other computers or to a server using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- password and data-stream security on the network.
- synchronization of a folder on a computer with a directory on a server using one command.
- point-and-click, drag and drop file transfers to and from any machine with an FTP Server over a TCP/IP network.
- allows for transfer of files, folders and directories with a single command.
- easily transfers only the files that have been recently updated.
- allows users to create, edit, delete and maintain remote files from the same window.
The remainder of this document provides instructions for using Fetch at Carnegie Mellon.
From the My Accounts tab of the Carnegie Mellon Web Portal, select the Alphabetical link under Software and then select Fetch from the list. Follow the instructions provided on the download page to download and install Fetch.
Last Updated: 06/06/06