Step 1: Install
Follow the steps below to download and install the applications needed for Virtual Andrew:
- Determine if your operating system is 32 or 64 bit.
- Download the appropriate version of the VMware View Client -- the Virtual Andrew connection software.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to install the software.
- If prompted with a Security Warning, verify the software is VMware-viewclient.exe and click Run.
- The Welcome window displays, click Next.
Note: If you are updating a previous installation of the Virtual Andrew Client, some fields and/or options will appear as already filled in.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select any custom setup options if desired and click Next.
- In the Default View Connection Server field, type virtual.andrew.cmu.edu
- In the Enhanced Single Sign On window, select the checkbox to Show in connection dialog and then click Next.
- Select where you want to include shortcuts and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once the software is installed click Finish and then click Yes to restart your computer.
Last Updated: 11/4/13