Frequently Asked Questions
- What operating systems are supported by the Virtual Andrew Desktop Client?
- Can I install software on Virtual Andrew?
- After logging into Virtual Andrew, some applications are not available from the Start Menu.
- Is there a session limit on how long I can run Virtual Andrew?
- How long can I remain disconnected from my Virtual Andrew desktop?
- Can I print something from Virtual Andrew to my local printer?
- Can I print from Virtual Andrew to a Public Printer?
The Virtual Andrew Desktop Client is currently available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS.
You can not install software on Virtual Andrew or clusters computers. Request the installation of specific software by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include justification for the installation as well as licensing information.
It may take 3-4 minutes for Virtual Andrew to completely load.
Is there a session limit on how long I can run Virtual Andrew?
Virtual Andrew has a 3-day session limit. If you are logged on any Virtual Andrew client for 72 hours, you will be disconnected. The desktop will be terminated if not reconnected within 20 minutes.
If you lose your network connection while working on your Virtual Andrew desktop, you must reconnect within 20 minutes or you will lose your desktop.
If you copy and paste your work from Virtual Andrew to your local desktop, you will be able to print to your local printer.
Yes. Since you are remotely accessing a cluster computer, you can print directly to the public printers.
Yes, since you will be connecting to a virtual cluster computer, your Roaming Profile will follow you.
You can use your Box account, AFS space, or your email to transfer files.
Last Updated: 11/13/15