Reserving a Cluster or Cluster Software
Most Computing Services public clusters can be reserved by following the appropriate process.
Who Can ReserveOnly Carnegie Mellon affiliates may reserve a cluster. Typically, clusters are reserved for the following purposes:
- Faculty or staff members typically reserve clusters for academic or professional development classes
- Students typically reserve clusters for community service projects
Reserve a Cluster
Depending on the cluster you want to reserve, do one of the following:
Cluster Requests for Academic Courses (NON-CFA)
- For the Spring 2015 semester, scheduling for academic courses (non-CFA) taking place in the following clusters will be managed by the University Registrar's Office through S3: Baker 140 Corridor, Wean 5201/5202, Cyert 100A/100D, Hunt (Lower Level, Near, and Far)
- This will eliminate the need to complete a separate 25Live request for these clusters.
Cluster Requests for CFA Courses
- All CFA cluster requests for an academic course must be requested through BOTH S3 and 25Live.
Cluster Requests for Non-Course Events
- All cluster requests for non-course events will continue to be requested through 25Live.
- Reserving through 25Live - Reserve a Computing Services public cluster through the Carnegie Mellon SpaceQuest system powered by 25Live.
- To reserve any of the Gates-Hillman clusters (3000, 5201, 5205), send email to email@example.com
- To reserve the Music Technology Center in Margaret Morrison Hall, send email to MTCfirstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve Cluster Software
Complete the Cluster Software Reservation form.
Cluster reservations are subject to the following restrictions:
- Reservation requests must be made by Wednesday of the week before the requested reservation if no software changes are needed; see Cluster Software Guidelines for more information on requesting software.
- Reservations are posted within the Carnegie Mellon SpaceQuest system powered by 25Live and on the informational digital signage at each cluster area.
- Reservations become void if the professor does not show up within fifteen minutes after the scheduled reservation.