Reservation and Software Guidelines
Only Carnegie Mellon affiliates may reserve a cluster. Faculty or staff can reserve a cluster for an academic or professional development class. Students can reserve a cluster for community service projects. Other groups may be charged (see Population Served).
- Reservations must be made every semester and may not be made more than one semester ahead. Requests must be made at least two days in advance if no special software is needed.
- All reservations are given on a first-come, first-served basis for each population served. (see Population Served)
- External groups with no affiliation to Carnegie Mellon are not permitted to use/rent cluster space at any time.
- Vendors are not permitted to request University Registrar rooms.
- Reservations are posted within SpaceQuest (25Live) and on digital signage in cluster areas.
- Reservations become void if the professor does not show up within fifteen minutes after the scheduled reservation.
Population Served (in order of priority)
- All credit-bearing classes with a course number from the University Registrars Office may reserve a cluster free of charge. These reservations are given the highest priority.
- Internal customers include anyone using the cluster for departmental professional development training. No fee is charged.
- Student Organizations may schedule time for Community Service Projects on Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings, or during academic breaks (i.e. mid-semester, spring break, Thanksgiving). A governing member of the organization must make the reservation(s) and will be held responsible for the facility. No fee is charged,
- Other groups with Carnegie Mellon affiliations may reserve a cluster for community service, university education or recruiting at no cost. If you think your group qualifies, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Carnegie Mellon affiliates may reserve cluster space for the purpose of conferences and/or training sessions for non-Carnegie Mellon-affiliated attendees. Please contact Conference & Event Services for more information.
- Additional software not available in clusters may be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Software requests for clusters, whether for reservations or student use outside of class, are due at the reservation deadline for that semester. In order to be installed by the first day of the semester, software and all supporting information must be received no later than July 1 for the fall semester, November 15 for the spring semester, and April 15 for any summer session. Additional information is available at the Cluster Software Guidelines page.
Visit the SpaceQuest (25Live) page within 48-hours to cancel a reservation that is no longer needed.
Last Updated: 1/5/16