Guest and/or Plaid Ca$h Printing
Plaid Ca$h is used for public cluster or library printing in the following situations:
- Active students, faculty and staff with Andrew accounts and a valid CMU ID card who have exhausted their alloted print quota can add more quota to their CMU ID card through the PlaidCa$h Value Transfer machines.
- Campus guests with a valid guest account (e.g., OSHER students) can purchase a PlaidCa$h card for printing.
Plaid Ca$h Value Transfer Machine Locations
Plaid Ca$h machines are available in the following locations:
- University Center lower level elevator lobby near the Post Office
- Hunt Library near the circulation desk
Purchasing Additional Print Quota
- Plaid Ca$h can be used for both printing or copy services at the University Libraries.
- Plaid Ca$h can be purchased in denominations of $1, $2, $5, $10 or $20.
- The Plaid Ca$h web page offers detailed information on how to make a Plaid Ca$h deposit to your CMU ID card.
- Departments may use their campus Oracle string to purchase PlaidCa$h cards or to assign Plaid Ca$h to an existing cardholder (student, staff or faculty) for departmental or research printing or copying. You must return a completed Plaid Ca$h Fund Request form [PDF] to the Carnegie Mellon Card Office. This PlaidCa$h assignment may only be used for copy services at the University Libraries or computer printing. It may not be used for other purchases.
Important: Departments should keep a record of the Plaid Ca$h card number. This number is required by Enrollment Services if a departmental Plaid Ca$h card is lost and must be deactivated.
Last Updated: 7/8/11