Order Your Print Job
Follow these steps to order your print job:
- In your application (e.g., MS word), select Print as you normally would. The application's print dialog box appears.
- Select the public printer that you want to print to. To print to the centralized print queue, select the Andrew Central B&W queue; to print to a specific public printer refer to the Printer Chart and select the appropriate printer.
- About the Andrew Central B&W Queue
- your print job will be available for release at ALL cluster and Library release stations.
- double-sided (duplex) printing and tabloid (11"x17") paper are supported.
- all print jobs expire after 4 hours
- About Color Printing
Note: See the Printing Tips page for helpful tips and troubleshooting information.
- color printers are located in CFA, Wean, Mellon Library and Hunt Library
- if printing from your own personal computer, you must install the color driver; see Color Printing for Windows, Mac or Linux.
- A Pharos Popup Print Screen appears (see below).
NOTE: On Mac 10.8 if the Popup screen fails to appear, install the updated Popup Software for Mac 10.8. If you have enabled fast user switching, you will need to disable it; see Printing Tips for help.
- Andrew ID: Do one of the following:
- If you will be swiping a CMU ID card to release your print job, type your Andrew userID.
- If you will be swiping a Plaid Ca$h card, type guest.
- Job Password: (optional) For added security, you can enter a password for your print job.
- Job Name: (optional) Do one of the following:
- If you will be swiping a CMU ID card to release your print job, you can optional add a job name.
- If you will be swiping a Plaid Ca$h card, you should enter a job name to help differentiate your work.
- Select Print.
Release Your Print Job
Last Updated: 11/28/12