Public "Andrew" Printing: Mac
The steps below will walk you through installation of the Andrew Central B&W Print Queue. When you select andrew print queue for your document, your print job will be sent to ALL public cluster and library printers on campus. You can release, print and delete your print job from ANY campus release station.
IMPORTANT: Download both the Generic Driver and Popup Software.
- Double-click Popup.dmg.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Double-click Popup.pkg to install the generic printer driver.
- Select Apple > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Click +.
- Look for Advanced on the toolbar. If it is not there:
Right-click the toolbar. Select Customize Toolbar and drag Advanced onto the toolbar.
- Click Advanced; it may take a few moments to display.
- Enter the following:
- Type: Pharos Print Server
- Device: Another Device
- URL: popup://printing.andrew.cmu.edu/andrew
- Name: Andrew Central B&W
- Print Using: Other
- Browse to the downloaded CMUGeneric.ppd file.
- Click Open and Add.
- Restart your computer.
|I want to use color printing.|
|I need only black and white. Show me how to order my print job!|
Last Updated: 12/10/15