Printing from Linux (cluster or personal computer)
Printing to a public printer from a Linux cluster machine or from your personal Linux machine
These steps have been tested on a machine using Ubuntu 8.04 with GNOME. Ubuntu is a community developed, Linux-based operating system. GNOME is a desktop for your GNU/Linux or UNIX computer.
- Select System > Administration > Printing
- Select New Printer. It may take some time to search.
- Go to LPD/LPR Host or Printer.
- Enter the following:
- Host: UserID@printing.andrew.cmu.edu
Where UserID is your Andrew UserID (e.g., email@example.com).
- Queue: andrew
- Select forward. It will search for drivers and not succeed.
- Select "HP Laserjet 4100 PostScript" as the driver.
- Name the printer "Andrew Central B&W".
- Check the box that enables duplexing.
See the Printing Tips
page for helpful tips and troubleshooting information.
Release Your Print Job
Last Updated: 12/4/12
Thank you to Nipunn Koorapati for his contribution to this document.