Faculty, Staff, Emeritus
Who is eligible: Full and part-time, permanent and temporary staff and faculty as determined by Human Resources. This list is provided through a nightly data feed from the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) to the accounts directory.
Entitlements and Restrictions
Note: For additional information on Emeritus benefits see the university's Policy on Emeritus Faculty.
Steps to Request: The HREM Administrator of each department enters an appointment in HREM. The appointment then goes through the HREM approval process. Once the appointment is approved, Business Administrators, HREM Administrators, or Departmental Administrators can request accounts by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Employee's full name as entered into HREM
- HRIS ID
- Three preferred userIDs that meet the following requirements:
- UserIDs must be a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 8 alpha-numeric characters (no punctuation).
- The account options should be variations of
- first initial/last name (e.g., tsmith).
- first name/last initial (e.g., thomass)
- some other combination using all name components (e.g., tsmithjr or tfsmith or tfs).
- If there are no available options that meet the guidelines, the Help Center will provide three available options from which the requester can choose.
- The account is manually created when the information appears in the directory. Typically, this is the day after it is approved but may sometimes take a little longer.
Suspension process: When the HREM Administrator of a department terminates the appointment in HREM, the employee’s record drops out of the feed and an expiration date is automatically set on the account for 30 days from that date. Two suspension warnings are sent out before the account expires. The first is two weeks before the expiration date, the second is one week before.