Adhere to the following password requirements, when selecting your Andrew account password:
- At least 8-characters.
- At least one uppercase alphabetic character (e.g., A-Z).
- At least one lowercase alphabetic character (e.g., a-z).
- At least one number (e.g., 0-9).
- At least one special character (e.g., ~!@#$%^&*()_-+=).
- Known information (i.e., first name, last name, Andrew userID, date of birth, 9-digit Carnegie Mellon ID number, SSN, job title).
- Four or more occurrences of the same character (e.g., aaaa, 2222, a123a345a678a).*
- A word that is found in a standard dictionary.*
Note: Verify that the letters within your password do not spell a word after you remove any non-alphabetical or special characters. The system checks all of the letters of the password together. Details...
*This requirement does not apply to Andrew account passwords
that are more than 19 characters in length (e.g., passphrase).
- Last five passwords cannot be used.
- Cannot be changed more than four times in a day.
Last Updated: 12/10/14