There is a maximum quota allocation alloted to you for each of the areas listed below. If your quota is not already set at the maximum, you can increase it through the Carnegie Mellon Web portal's quota tab.
|AFS (Andrew File System)
||2 GB *
(Cluster Windows computers only)
* Those who are working on specific projects may request additional space through a Project Volume
The Portal Quota Tab
To view or increase your current allocation, visit the Carnegie Mellon Web Portal
. Note that the portal tool CANNOT be used to:
- request or increase the allocated space for Project Volumes.
- increase the quota for club or sponsored accounts
Direct these types of requests to the Help Center via email to advisor or by calling x8-HELP.
Access the Portal Tab
Follow these steps to access your quota information:
- From the Carnegie Mellon Web Portal select the COMPUTING tab and then select the Quotas tab.
- Do any of the following:
- Select email quota.
- Select afs quota (Andrew File space).
- Select server docs (my files) quota (cluster machine storage space for your files); see MyFiles.
- The appropriate quota screen appears. If your quota is NOT ALREADY set to the maximum allowable, a pull-down menu will appear. To increase your quota, select the quota you want from the pull down menu, then click Increase.
Tips for Managing Your Quotas
Cyrus Email Quota
- Store archives of old email messages to disk rather than on-line.
- Store archives of project related email messages to disk rather than on-line.
- Routinely clean out your Sent Mail and Spam folders, deleting messages you no longer need.
Last Updated: 1/16/13