For University Staff
Commencement Staff Needed!
Want to help out with commencement? University Events is always looking for extra university staff to assist at the welcome area, to help pass out programs, to usher guests to their seats, and to perform various other tasks.
Sign up to help!
Important Deadlines for Department Commencement Coordinators
- Student speaker applications due. More info
- Deadline to enter into AGOL seniors qualifying for university and/or college honors at the completion of the 7th semester.
- Gallies/online program information turned on for departments to begin checking/updating.
- Student cap and gown orders are due by 5 p.m.
- Initial CulinArt catering orders due to Katrina Dicosimo or Pam Wilson.
- Doctor’s candidates must confirm with their department commencement coordinator their participation in the Doctor’s Hooding ceremony and indicate their faculty hooder.
- A list of those doctor’s candidates participating in the hooding ceremony, and their faculty hooders, should be submitted to University Events.
- Initial University Center room set-up requirements are due to Marcia Gerwig.
- Faculty cap and gown orders are due by 5 p.m.
- Graduating students must verify their diploma and academic information by 10 p.m.
- All changes to galley/online program proof must be made by 5 p.m. AGOL will shut off at this time.
- Final University Center room set-up requirements are due to Marcia Gerwig.
- FMS work orders and diagrams (for non-UC events) due to Keri Schultheis.
- CulinArt order cancellation deadline. Cancellation is required in writing to Katrina Dicosimo or Pam Wilson.
May 6 & 7
- Department commencement coordinators may review paper proof of commencement program at Communications Design offices.
- Departments will be emailed FINAL proof of commencement program, which must be approved by noon. The proof will be considered approved and ready to release after this.