Main Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, May 17
10 a.m. – Guests are asked to be seated.
10:15 a.m. – Procession of graduates begins.
11 a.m. – Ceremony begins and lasts approximately 75 minutes.
- Graduating students will receive their diplomas at department or school diploma ceremonies, held at various times and locations throughout the weekend.
- The ceremony will be simulcast in McConomy Auditorium, first floor, Cohon University Center, for guests who wish to view the event indoors.
- The ceremony will also be webcast. Access information will be available in May.
- Caps and gowns are required for graduates.
- Tickets are NOT required.
- Seating is first come, first served. Please view our stadium and seating map for more information.
- Special needs seating will be available on the field. No prior arrangements are necessary. Gesling Stadium and the field are wheelchair accessible. Please visit the special needs page for more information.
In the Event of Inclement Weather
- The stadium is not covered but the ceremony will take place rain or shine.
- Please plan your clothing and footwear accordingly.
- In the event of rain, complimentary ponchos will be available and the ceremony may be shortened.
- During the procession, ceremony, and recession, guests should remain in their seats to keep the aisles clear.
- Please do not wear spiked heels in the stadium.
- No food, beverages (other than water), or chewing gum is permitted in the stadium.
- Complimentary bottles of water will be available for all guests.
- Be sure to arrange a post-ceremony meeting location with your graduate.