Hooding Ceremony Details
Saturday, May 16
Wiegand Gym, first floor, Cohon University Center
***Robing and procession line up begins at 7 p.m. in Rangos Hall, second floor, Cohon University Center.
Doctor’s candidates will be individually recognized and hooded. Hoods should be worn at the main commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 17.
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour.
- Caps and gowns are required for graduates.
- Tickets are not distributed for the ceremony, however, due to Cohon University Center construction, seating in Wiegand Gym will be extremely limited and first come, first served. Wristbands will be distributed. Guests are advised to arrive early; doors open at 6:30 p.m. Once seating in the gym is full, guests will be directed to McConomy Auditorium, first floor, Cohon University Center, where the ceremony will be simulcast.
For Doctor's Candidates and Faculty Hooders
- Each doctor's candidate should invite a faculty member to assist in hooding him or her on stage at the ceremony.
- Doctor's candidates should confirm their participation by March 20.
- More details are available in the Doctor's Hooding Ceremony Guide.
- Guests are encouraged to remain in their seats and enjoy the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will photograph candidates as they approach the stage to be hooded.
- Candidates will receive a free digital proof of this photo within 5-7 days of the ceremony.
- Pre-register your email address and receive $5 off orders of $25 or more.
- To order prints, visit GradImages or call 800-261-2576.
- Questions? Email email@example.com.