Hooding Ceremony Details
Saturday, May 18
Wiegand Gym, first floor, University Center
Robing and procession line up begins at 7 p.m. in Rangos Hall, second floor, University Center.
Doctor’s candidates will be individually recognized and hooded. Hoods should be worn at the main commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 19.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 – 2 hours
- Tickets are NOT required.
- Caps and gowns are required.
A reception will be held in Rangos Hall and Schatz Dining Room, second floor, University Center, immediately following the hooding ceremony. All doctor’s candidates, their guests and ceremony participants are invited.
- Guests are encouraged to remain in their seats and enjoy the ceremony.
- A photographer from GradImages will photograph candidates as they approach the stage to be hooded.
- Candidates will receive a free digital proof of this photo within 5-7 days of the ceremony.
- Pre-register your email address and receive $5 off orders of $25 or more.
- To order prints, visit www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Doctor's Candidates, Faculty and Ceremony Participants
- Each doctor’s candidate will invite a faculty member to assist in hooding him or her on stage during the ceremony.
- Doctor’s candidates should contact their department's commencement coordinator to confirm their participation in the ceremony and the name of their faculty hooder no later than March 22, 2013.
- Additional details for candidates, faculty and ceremony participants will be available in January.