Tabling Policies-Jared L. Cohon University Center - Carnegie Mellon University
- Table reservations should be made through our online scheduling system (login required) at least two business days before the event. Cancellations should be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days before the event in order to avoid penalty charges.
- Indoor tables are called UC-Wean Commons 1-6. Outdoor tables are called UC-Outside Table 1-4. If you reserve indoor tables, you must set up inside the CUC and the CUC staff will set up your table for you. If you reserve an outdoor table, you must carry the table outside yourself and return it to the Information Desk when you are finished. You must provide your ID as collateral for the table. You cannot switch your table assignment from indoor to outdoor and vice versa when you arrive for your reservation.
- You may reserve EITHER an indoor table or an outdoor table on a given day, not BOTH. Keep in mind that you are taking a chance with the weather if you choose an outdoor table.
- A table reservation includes one 6-foot table and a maximum of four chairs.
- An organization may reserve a table no more than three days per week; however, tables sometimes become available at the last minute due to cancellations. Stop by the Information Desk after 11 a.m. on the day of your tabling event to check on availability.
- If your group is 30 minutes late to pick up your table, we reserve the right to give away your table to another group.
- Groups are not permitted to tape anything to any vertical surface in the CUC. You may, however, tape to your table.
- You may have a sign stand for your sign if you have an indoor table, but not if you have an outdoor table, as we do not permit sign stands to be taken outside.
- Tables for the fall and spring semesters may be reserved on or after August 1.