Food Safety Policy
All student organizations planning an event involving the preparing, cooking, and/or serving of food in University Center reserved spaces must follow these steps at least two days in advance of the event:
- When you reserve your event on the online reservation system, indicate in the notes that your event will have food that will be prepared, cooked, and/or served by members of the organization.
- You will be asked to complete a food safety quiz 48 hours in advance of the event. You must sign in with your Andrew ID before taking the quiz. You will receive results immediately upon completion. You will need to use the ADA Food Safety Information [.pptx] created by Health Services to complete the quiz.
- All members of your organization who will be preparing, cooking, and/or serving food must take the quiz. The certification for each individual will last for one academic year.
- The event organizer must submit the Food Event Registration Form. The form must be approved by the University Center Scheduling Office before the event will be allowed to occur.
- Once all members who are handling food at the event have passed the quiz, the event organizer must print an event certificate to be presented at the event. You must return to the quiz page and select Create an Event at least 72 hours before the event.
- The certificate must list the Andrew IDs of all individuals who will be handling food at the event.
- If an event is held by individuals or organizations that have not received a certificate of completion or are not following proper food safety guidelines, the event will not be allowed to continue.
- After two violations, an organization will not be allowed to hold food events in University Center reserved spaces for the remainder of the academic year.