The Content Management System offers a Basic and Advanced Search tool that allow you to search your collection's content, type, date, author, workflow status, and all metadata values.
Follow these steps to use the Basic Search feature:
- Select System Menu > Search > Basic.
- In the text field, enter the word that you want to search for. Note that the Basic Search scans your content area only.
- Click Submit.
- Search results are listed as hyperlinks. Click on the entry you want to view.
The Advanced Search offers a more fine-tuned search capability than the basic search, and is based on the asset name, asset path, asset contents, asset metadata fields, and/or asset types. In addition to the standard search term field, Advanced Search includes check boxes to select types of content to search for, and can be used to filter asset types and search for metadata fields.
Follow these steps to use the Advanced Search feature:
- Select Tools > Search > Advanced Search. The Advanced Search window appears.
- In the Advanced Search window, you may enter information into one, some or all fields; choose from the following:
- Type - To narrow or expand your search, choose to match ALL words or ANY word in your search criteria
- Asset Name - Enter the name of the Asset you want to search for; an Asset can be a file, folder, image, etc.
- Content - The Content search examines the Content area of the CMS window. Enter a word that you want to search for.
- Metadata - Enter text you want to search for (e.g., title, description) in metadata fields.
- Asset Types - To narrow or expand your search, select checkbox(s) next to the type(s) of Asset(s) you want to search for.