Move a Page or Folder
Note: If you have access to more than one website in the CMS, NEVER move items between websites. Even though the CMS will allow you to do it, you should never browse to another website within the CMS when selecting a new destination for a page or folder, this causes known issues.
- If the page or folder has been previously published, IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU UNPUBLISH IT FIRST before you move it (see How to Unpublish).
- In the folder structure on the left, select the parent folder which contains the page or folder you would like to move. On the right, you should see all of the contents of the parent folder displayed. Place a checkmark in the check box of the item you would like to move, then pull down the menu at the bottom and select Move.
- On the next page, click on the folder icon next to Parent Folder to browse the CMS and select a new parent folder.
- After you have selected and confirmed the new parent folder, be sure to click on the Submit button displayed in the example above.
- Next, you'll need to re-publish the new parent folder AND the old parent folder to correct the left navigation on the live website.