As part of Computing Services web publishing tools, the university offers a content management system (CMS) for creating official Carnegie Mellon University websites. Some of the advantages of using the CMS are:
- It is free.
- It allows people with little to no experience to build and maintain professional websites.
- It creates a more coherent web presence across Carnegie Mellon University departments and divisions.
- All academic and administrative departments are eligible to use the CMS.
- Research groups, centers, and labs are eligible to use the CMS provided they have official recognition by their department and an official name.
- If you're a new user tasked with managing an existing CMS site, start with the New to the CMS? guide to learn the basics.
- If you're interested in obtaining a new CMS site, review the new site requirements and submit the Site Request form.
Prepare Your Site for v5
As we plan to roll out the new v5 templates, there are things you can do to start preparing your site.
Subscribe and receive news and updates related to the Content Management System supported by Computing Services. Subscribe to CMS Announce.