As part of Computing Services web publishing tools, the university offers a content management system (CMS) for creating official Carnegie Mellon University websites. Some of the advantages of using the CMS are:
- It is free.
- It allows people with little to no experience to build and maintain professional websites.
- It creates a more coherent web presence across Carnegie Mellon University departments and divisions.
- All academic and administrative departments are eligible to use the CMS.
- Research groups, centers, and labs are eligible to use the CMS provided they have official recognition by their department and an official name.
- If you're a new user tasked with managing an existing CMS site, start with the New to the CMS? guide to learn the basics.
- If you're interested in obtaining a new CMS site, schedule a thirty minute initial consult. We will meet with you to learn more about your website goals and expectations. If it has been determined that the CMS is a good fit for your website needs, you will be asked to submit an official site request.