The Carnegie Mellon Admission Council (CMAC) is an organization of nearly 1,000 Carnegie Mellon alumni who volunteer with the Office of Admission to help attract and enroll an academically and artistically talented, passionate and diverse student body. Currently, CMAC's members include alumni from the United States, its territories and several foreign countries.
There are many ways in which CMAC members assist the Office of Admission. The primary activities include:
- interviewing prospective students
- representing Carnegie Mellon at college fairs
- making phone calls to prospective students
- attending Information Sessions to welcome families and answer questions
- visit secondary school counselors
CMAC is involved at every stage of the prospective student's application to Carnegie Mellon. As a member, you can get involved with one or all of the above mentioned activities. Visit our Recruitment Opportunities page for more information on recruitment opportunities available through participation in CMAC.