Current and Future Work
- Excavation for the rain gardens will be commencing the week of 11/16/2015. As part of thi-s work, there will be increased truck traffic to the construction site as we remove soil. The construction of the rain gardens will begin next month. This will include installation of the garden liners and gabion baskets.
- Curtainwall installation is on-going and the bulk of the glass is expected to be installed by the end of the November. In the interim, temporary measures are being installed to allow the building to be conditioned for the winter months.
- We are in the process of performing all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing rough-ins within the building.
- The majority of walls within the building are framed, and drywall continues to be hung on the first and second level. Finishes in the lower level are beginning
- We will continue to perform exploratory work for the waterline near the parking garage. This work is needed to identify the waterline feed or the new fire hydrant.
- On December 7, 2015 construction of the new on-deck hot tub will begin within the natatorium. The pools will remain active and accessible through December 20th, when the area will be closed for completion of winter break construction activities. The installation of the hot tub is anticipated to be complete in mid-January.
- The pool and locker rooms will be closed starting December 20th and continuing through winter break. This closure will allow for modifications to the flooring of the central pool corridor and pool access door, as well as installation of a new pool access door from the men’s locker room.
- Towards the end of February/beginning of March, the sidewalk and curb lane of the outbound side of Forbes Avenue will be restricted for the to allow for the new curbs and pull off to be installed. Further information about this work will be provided as we get closer to the start.
Phase 1 – East Campus Garage Beeler Entrance/Exit Modifications –COMPLETE
Phase 2 – East Campus Garage Entry/Exit Modifications & Temporary Loading Dock – COMPLETE
Phase 3 – Cohon University Center Addition - ESTIMATED COMPLETION APRIL/MAY 2016
Phase 4 – Cohon University Center Pool and Locker Room and Gym Air Handler Renovations - COMPLETE
- Jared L. Cohon University Center Naming Ceremony
- The Steel Topping took place on Thursday May 7th. This is a key milestone of the project, representing the completion of steel erection. (click on image to enlarge)