Current and Future Work
Important NotificationsOn December 1, 2014 the construction activities at the East Campus Garage (Phase 2) will be transitioning to accommodate the start of the CUC Addition (Phase 3). The following are some milestones associated with of this transition:
- One lane of Forbes Avenue will be closed along the construction site between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:00 pm from November 21st thru November 26th. The sidewalk access will remain open at all times.
- The new access drive to the west entrance of the East Campus Garage and the CUC Service Courtyard will open on December 1. 2014.
- The West Entrance/Exit to the East Campus Garage will be open and available for use on December 1, 2014. (Lease Holders will be required to exit at the Beeler Street location from 4 to 6 pm, Monday thru Friday.)
- Construction Fence will be relocated to the CUC Addition Construction site, isolating the area between the existing CUC building and the Forbes Avenue sidewalk throughout the week of December 1, 2014. .
- As the construction fence is erected, the “UC turnaround” will be eliminated. For information related to staging for pickups/drop-offs and group transportation on Campus please go to: http://www.cmu.edu/parking/about/groups.html
Phase 1 – East Campus Garage Beeler Entrance/Exit Modifications –
SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETE 8/15/2014
- The final pieces of work associated with Phase 1 are to complete the masonry work at the new vehicle exit portal, and to install a masonry knee wall within the garage.
Phase 2 – East Campus Garage West Entry/Exit Modifications, Service Court, Loading Dock –
SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETE 12/1/2014
Phase 3 – Cohon University Center Addition
Phase 4 – Cohon University Center Pool and Locker Room Renovations
In late March 2015, the Cohon University Center Pool and Locker Rooms will be taken off-line to perform the following scope of work:
- Construction of a new spectator balcony within the natatorium
- Replacement of the natatorium HVAC and pool heating systems
- Replacement of the natatorium lighting
- Installation of a pool-side hot-tub
- Expansion of varsity locker rooms
- Installation of additional lockers
- Construction of unisex and family changing rooms
The pool and locker room will be offline during construction. The anticipated completion of construction is August 2015. The athletics department is arranging for swim patrons to have access to alternate pool facilities during this time.