Admitted Student Information
WELCOME TO CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY!
Full-time admitted students planning to work on campus should review the following information prior to arriving on-campus.
WHAT YOU NEED “TO KNOW”
1. All students interested in working on-campus are responsible for finding and applying for a job. Having a work-study award does not guarantee you a job.
2. Campus jobs are posted online in TartanTrak.
3. You will receive TartanTrak login information in an email sent to your Andrew email account sometime in early August from the Career Center. You will not be able to view jobs until then.
4. Once you have found a job, federal laws mandate that all new employees complete the I-9 Federal Employment Eligibility form.
WHAT YOU NEED “TO-DO”
1. Know if you have been granted a federal work-study award.
Some jobs will be limited to work-study eligible students only. If you applied for financial aid, you would have received a Financial Aid Award Letter at your permanent address regarding your financial aid package.
2. Browse the student employment website: www.cmu.edu/studentemployment.
Find out what you need to know about working on-campus including how to use TartanTrak, interviewing tips, and other frequently asked questions.
3. Bring required payroll processing documentation with you.
Prior to your first day of work, you must complete certain paperwork, including the I-9 form. The lists of documents that can be presented for the I-9 are on the Student Employment and Payroll Services websites.
4. Create a resume.
You will need a resume to apply for a campus job. If you don’t have one, visit the Career Center Career Success Guides and choose 1st Year Resume Guide for assistance.