Schedule an Appointment to Talk with Us
We are available to talk with you about how to:
Would you like to schedule an appointment to meet/talk with your Career Consultant? Career Consultants work Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm and have varied schedules.
- Write a resume, cover letter, and other professional communication
- Explore careers and majors, including graduate school applications
- Navigate the job/internship search process
- Prepare for career fairs, interviews, and networking
- Login to Handshake, click "Appointments" on the left-hand side of the page, then click the blue button entitled "Schedule a New Appointment"
- Choose the category that best describes you (this should match your college and major)
- Select the appointment type that matches the reason you'd like to meet with your Career Consultant
- Visit http://cmu.joinhandshake.com and click on students/alumni
- Click on register for new account and enter your name, and your firstname.lastname@example.org email address and create a password
- Agree to terms and click SUBMIT
- Login to your @alumni.cmu.edu email account and confirm email from Handshake
- Immediately login to your Handshake account and go into your profile
- Choose CMU for the school
- In the major field, start to type your exact CMU major and it should come up as an option (not all CMU majors are in the initial drop down before you start to type your CMU major). Choose your CMU major.
- Choose your Education Level and College.
- Select ‘Alumni’ for Year in School (this field is on the top left corner of the profile screen)
- Click on SAVE
CMU CPDC staff will then approve your account (it may take up to 2 business days). If you have problems entering information into various fields email Gerry Marnell at email@example.com.
If you are unable to find a convenient appointment using Handshake, please stop by Monday through Friday at 11:30am-1:30pm during our drop-in hours (while school is in session). These are 15-minute quick questions in the CPDC Advising Center, West Wing 2nd Floor. Email your Career Consultant to see if they have additional appointments available.If you are a student from one of the following programs, you have dedicated career consultants in a different office (from the CPDC) on campus: