College of Fine Arts - Resources
Explore Your Options
- Creative Careers Seminar – Meet professionals in your field!
- Making a Living, Living Your Dream – Career programming specific to your school
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Take an Assessment
- Research the World of Work
Build Your Professional Skills
Connect with Opportunities - Jobs, Internships, Auditions, Competitions, Festivals, Residencies and Grants/Scholarships/Fellowships
- Creative Arts Opportunities Conference (CAOC) – Thursday, February 28th and Friday March 1st, 2013 – Connect with employers in your field!
- Job Search Strategies Checklist [.pdf]
- General Arts Resources
- Fine Arts
- Recruiting Business Card database contains contact information of employers that have interviewed students through the Career and Professional Development Center
- Hoovers – a database of millions of potential employers nationwide (not job openings); great for a specific geographic or industry search. Access Hoovers via the CMU Library Web page, by clicking on "Articles and Databases" then "A-Z" then selecting "H". Has contact information for 4 million companies and organizations!
- TartanTRAK – employers and jobs specifically for Carnegie Mellon students and alumni, plus network of additional jobs
- ProNet – alumni and friends of Carnegie Mellon who have agreed to mentor current students and alumni (click on the "Networking" tab within TartanTrak to access)
- CMU Alumni Database – you as a current student can become a member of the alumni database and access alumni in your field or industry
- CMU Internship Database – has information on where students have gotten internships, as well as internship programs
- Vault – has industry information
- Going Global – has country guides, including job information (located in TartanTrak on the bottom right corner of the homepage)
- Internship Opportunities by Major with Internships.Com
- Resources For Building Your Own Website [.pdf]
- School-Specific Resources
- Architecture [.pdf]
- Art [.pdf]
- Communication, Interaction and Communication Planning and Information Design [.pdf]
- Industrial Design and Product Development [.pdf]
- The Creative Self Directed Job or Internship Search [.pdf]
- Design Confluence - program to foster connections with design professionals organized by the School of Design
- Music [.pdf]
- Funding Resources: Grants, Fellowships, Commissions and More
- Where Have CFA Students Gone to Work, Intern and Study?
- Graduate School