The Career and Professional Development Center offers a variety of services for alumni. In addition to the specific services described below, alumni can use all of the resources available to current students.
To schedule an appointment with a Career Consultant:
- Get a Carnegie Mellon alumni email address (@alumni.cmu.edu)
- Set up your account in Handshake.
- Create your profile in Handshake (This must be done prior to requesting access to CMU)
- Request access to CMU in Handshake
- Wait for approval from The Career & Professional Development Center (no more than 3 business days)
- If you need more details about applying for a Handshake account, please click here.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Job Fairs / Networking Opportunities
Alumni are welcome and encouraged to attend all CPDC organized job fairs and networking events hosted by our office around the country. CMU Connect is a forum for alumni to expand their network and participate in professional development programming.
Giving Back - Job Shadowing and Informational Interviews with Students
- Take a Tartan to Work - Host a Job Shadowing Experience
The Take a Tartan to Work program allows alumni employers to provide students hands-on exposure to assess their “fit” in different work environments, clarify career goals and direction, and better understand the connection between academics and the world of work. During university class breaks, sponsors offer a student the opportunity to spend the day with them at work.
- TartanTalks - Host an Informational Interview
Interested in connecting with current CMU students and helping them explore career fields while gaining valuable professional experience? Sign up to host an informational interview here.