The Career and Professional Development Center offers a variety of services for alumni. In addition to the specific services described below, alumni can use all of the resources available to current students .
To schedule your appointment:
1. Log into TartanTRAK and click "Request an Appointment" (Please make sure you have selected a primary major in your PROFILE)
2. Choose your counseling type (the primary reason for appointment)
3. In the 'Counselor’ field you will see the career consultant for your major. Check the box beside your consultant's name
4. Choose a date and time in the Calendar
5. Be sure to click 'SUBMIT REQUEST' button to make the appointment
Interfolio gives you a place to manage your most important documents online. Your Interfolio account can house letters of recommendation, curriculum vitae, writing samples, transcripts, and much more. Once you sign up and upload your documents, the application process becomes as simple as telling Interfolio where you want to apply and when. Interfolio does all the work. www.interfolio.com
Job Fairs / Networking Opportunities
Alumni are welcome and encouraged to attend all CPDC organized job fairs and networking events hosted by our office around the country. CMU Connect is a forum for alumni to expand their network and participate in professional development programming.
2014-15 CMU Connect Dates:
New York City »
October 21-23, 2014
October 28, 2014
March 11-12, 2015*
March 17-18, 2015*
*Date range is tentative and subject to slight change.
The Career and Professional Development Center has created a resume book within TartanTRAK just for experienced alumni. Add your resume to this book to be available to employers who are looking for experienced alumni.
All alumni are granted access to the TartanTRAK system to view job postings for alumni.
Giving Back - Job Shadowing and Informational Interviews with Students
- Take a Tartan to Work - Host a Job Shadowing Experience
The Take a Tartan to Work program allows alumni employers to provide students hands-on exposure to assess their “fit” in different work environments, clarify career goals and direction and better understand the connection between academics and the world of work. During university class breaks, sponsors offer a student the opportunity to spend the day with them at work.
- TartanTalks - Host an Informational Interview
Interested in connecting with current CMU students and helping them explore career fields while gaining valuable professional experience? Sign up to host an informational interview here.