HHMI Academic-Year Researcher Award
The HHMI Academic-Year Researcher program provides hourly wages to support students who are committed to a laboratory research experience. Applicants should determine their research schedule in consultation with their faculty research supervisor prior to applying. Please be aware that HHMI funds may cover only a portion of the hours requested.
Provide this information in the "Research Description" box on the application form:
- A description of your research project (1 paragraph).
- An indication of whether you have a work-study award for this semester from your financial aid package, and if so, the amount.
- The specific days and times you intend to work in the lab.
- A list of the courses you are registered for this semester.
- A list of the extracurricular activities you will participate in this semester.
- An explanation that emphasizes your commitment to this research experience (1 paragraph). This explanation may refer to courses or previous research participation, as well as how this experience will be significant for your future professional objectives.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2013 student research positions. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Monday, January 21, 2013. You will be notified of your award by Friday, January 25, 2013.
Late applications will be considered as long as funds are available.