Why should you choose Carnegie Mellon for your graduate training?
First, there’s the biological science: a wealth of fascinating, profound questions to ask and answer using creative, novel tools, many developed here at Carnegie Mellon.
Then, there is the faculty:
- energetic and creative individuals
- leaders in their subdisciplines
- despite heavy research, teaching, and writing duties, commit themselves wholeheartedly to training and mentoring our graduate students
And, of course, there are the opportunities:
- to engage in exciting research
- to pursue interdisciplinary interests
- to present research results to the department, the local community, and international audiences
All of these aspects of our program fluorish in a small yet highly integrated environment. The results of training at Carnegie Mellon are students’ excellent scientific fundamentals, analytical thinking skills, creative approaches to problem-solving, and successful career paths.