Summary of Requirements for a Ph.D.
All requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed within six years of entering the program.
- Satisfactory completion of laboratory rotations, including oral and written reports (first year)
- Satisfactory completion of Core Courses and maintenance of 3.0 QPA (first year)
- Satisfactory completion of Thesis Proposal Defense (second year)
- Annual Research Advisory Committee Evaluations (third through last year)
- Annual Journal Club presentations (second through last year)
- Teaching assistantship: 10 points (first through last year)
- Satisfactory completion and defense of Ph.D. dissertation (fifth or sixth year)