From the North/West-Department of Biological Sciences - Carnegie Mellon University
From the North/West
- Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike East to Exit 3, Perry Highway.
- Follow Interstate 79 South to 279 South (Exit 21).
- Stay on 279 South toward Pittsburgh.
- As you near the city, follow signs for 579 South and the Veterans Bridge.
- After crossing the bridge, watch carefully on your right for the 376 East/Oakland exit ramp. Bear right onto this ramp, which will place you on the Boulevard of the Allies.
- Continue on the Boulevard of the Allies for approximately 1/2 mile. Do not bear right at the 376 East/Monroeville ramp. Instead, stay on the Boulevard and exit at the Forbes Avenue off ramp. (The exit will be marked with a small green sign, watch for it carefully!)
- Stay in the right-hand lanes, following Forbes Avenue for about 1 mile through the Oakland business district.
- Both lanes will turn left on Bellefield Avenue. Follow Bellefield to Fifth Avenue and turn right. The Department of Biological Sciences is located in Mellon Institute, at 4400 Fifth Avenue.